Baytek International has developed a solution that leverages proven RFID technology to simplify the process of vial management in the laboratory environment. This cutting-edge toolkit, RFIVial, uses a very small RFID affixed to a GC or HPLC vial that allows for the wireless reading and writing of up to two kilobytes of information. This is enough memory to store a method and channel an instrument. This toolkit allows for sample tracking, audit trails, and chain of custody transfers within the laboratory.
We have also written software and developed hardware to allow for the reading and writing of the RFIVial at both a sample preparation station and a GC autosampler. This functionality can be expanded with the toolkit to include any location or instrument throughout the lab and facility.
- Automation of manual tasks
- Increased accuracy
- Faster testing runs
- Enhanced safety
- Higher return on investment
- Sample tracking
- Custody transfer
- Audit trails
- Data storage
- Integration with other components, such as:
- Baytek International ’s BayID RFID solution
- AAIM (Baytek International’s instrument management and data collection system)
- LIMS systems, such as Baytek International’s BLISS